Users - Visitors to MNCollections
- Users are encouraged to share links to favorite content.
- Users are encouraged to comment on records by sharing their own personal stories and expertise, with the understanding that this information may be published for all MNCollections visitors to see. Comments will only be published after they have been moderated by the associated contributing institution.
- Users are free to use the content for educational and personal purposes, provided that the contributing institution is credited. Commercial use of content must be negotiated with the contributing institution. Users who seek to make use of the images (such as including images in publications that have been traditionally produced by a press) will be required to seek permission from the appropriate rights holders.
- Users are ultimately responsible for determining copyright restrictions, for obtaining written permission, and for paying any fees necessary for the reproduction or proposed use of the materials. The MNCollections will not be held responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages arising out of or relating to the use of the information and materials linked to or found on this Web site.
- Users must direct any claims of intellectual rights violations to the contributing institution.
MNCollections Contributing Institutions
- It is the responsibility of contributing institutions to ensure that every item included in MNCollections is part of the contributor’s permanent collection. MNCollections will not display items that are on loan or have been deaccessioned.
- Contributing institutions retain all intellectual and property rights to collections information shared on MNCollections.
- Contributors are responsible for clearing any associated intellectual property rights, and must resolve any claims of violations. Disputed records must be removed from MNCollections until the issue is resolved.
- Contributors are encouraged to link their website to their MNCollections profile.
Questions or comments about MNCollections can be sent to collectiveaccess (at) mnhistoryalliance.org